Childhood vacation spot becomes destination wedding venue
Boston couple Kristen and Jamie O’Brien recently held their destination wedding on the beautiful shores of Aruba’s famed Palm Beach. Kristen has a personal connection to the island, having vacationed here with her family since she was a child.
Kristen opted for a soft color scheme of mint with hints of blush with starfish accents. The bouquet was a simple composition of long-stemmed, white calla lilies with greenery.
Her dress was a fitted, all-lace trumpet style with buttons up the entire length on the back.
“The lace was the BEST to travel with,” exclaimed the bride, “I did not even have to steam my dress after coming all the way from Boston.” The groom wore beige linen pants and jacket with a white linen shirt and brown leather sandals, and a boutonniere of white mini roses and sage.
For the reception, held poolside at Marriott’s adults-only H2Oasis pool, the Marriott’s culinary team prepared an “Aruban Surf Barbecue Buffet” where 77 guests feasted on grilled lamb chops, fish, baby back ribs, filet mignon, and a variety of island-inspired composed salads and side dishes.
The wedding cake was three layers of temptation: Red velvet with cream cheese filling, lemon with cannoli filling, and vanilla with strawberry filling.
- Ceremony Location: Beachfront at the Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
- Reception location: Marriott’s H2Oasis pool
- Décor: Letz Aruba
- Flowers: Shar’s Flowers
- Officiate: Kris Ansin (the Best Man and groom’s cousin)
- Entertainment: Violinist--Angela Flores; Steel pan player--Tico Kock; Deejay--Ruuben
- Wedding Cake: Francine Bardouville of W Cakes Aruba
- Hair & Makeup: Maruta Veeris
- Photographer: Kenneth Theysen